Article 1 - Scope of Application
- 1. Accommodation contracts and related agreements entered into between this Hotel and the Guest shall be subject to these Terms and Conditions. Any particulars not provided for herein shall be governed by relevant laws and/or generally accepted practices.
- 2. In cases where the Hotel has entered into a special contract with the Guest, insofar as it does not violate the law or generally accepted practices, notwithstanding the preceding Paragraph, the special contract shall take precedence over the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
Article 2 - Application for Accommodation Contracts
- 1. Contract shall provide the following to the Hotel:
- (1) Name of guest(s)
- (2) Dates of accommodation and expected time of arrival
- (3) Accommodation fee (based, in principle, on the Basic
- Accommodation Charges listed in the Attached Table No.1)
- (4) Other particulars deemed necessary by the Hotel
- 2. In cases where the Guest requests, during his or her stay, extension of the accommodation beyond the dates in Subparagraph ⑵ of the preceding paragraph, the request shall be regarded as an application for a new Accommodation Contract at the time that it is made.
Article 3 - Establishment of Accommodation Contracts
- 1. An Accommodation Contract shall be deemed to have been established when the Hotel has duly accepted the application as stipulated in the preceding article. However, this shall not be the case where it has been proven that the Hotel has not accepted the application.
- 2. When an Accommodation Contract has been established in accordance with the preceding Paragraph, the Guest is requested to pay, by the date specified by the Hotel, an accommodation deposit established by the Hotel within the limits of Basic Accommodation Charges covering the Guest’ s entire period of stay.
- 3. The accommodation deposit shall first be applied to the total Accommodation Charges to be paid by the Guest, then to cancellation charges and damages described under articles 6 and 18, respectively, as applicable, and the remainder, if any, shall be refunded at the time of payment of Accommodation Charges as described in Article 12.
- 4. In the event that the Guest has failed to pay the accommodation deposit by the designated date as stipulated in Paragraph 2, the Accommodation Contract shall be deemed null and void. However, this shall only apply in cases where the Hotel has informed the Guest of the deadline for payment of the accommodation deposit.
Article 4 - Special Contracts Requiring No Accommodation Deposit
- 1. Notwithstanding the provisions of Paragraph 2 of the preceding Article, the Hotel may enter into a special contract not requiring an accommodation deposit after the Contract has been established as stipulated in same paragraph.
- 2. Cases where the Hotel has not requested payment of an accommodation deposit as stipulated in Paragraph 2 of the preceding article or has not specified the date of the payment of the deposit shall handled as special contracts as stipulated in the preceding Paragraph.
Article 5 - Refusal of Accommodation Contract
- 1. The Hotel may refuse to conclude an Accommodation Contract in any of the following cases:
- (1) The application for accommodation does not conform with the provisions of these Terms and Conditions;
- (2) The Hotel isfully booked and no guest rooms are available;
- (3) The Guest seeking accommodation is deemed likelyto conduct himself or herself in a manner contrary to laws, public order or good morals with respect to his or her accommodation;
- (4) The Guest seeking accommodation is clearly carrying an infectious disease;
- (5) The Hotel is requested to assume an unreasonable burden related to accommodation, facilities, services, etc.;
- (6) The Hotel is unable to provide accommodations due to natural calamities, facility trouble, and/or other unavoidable circumstance;
- (7) The provisions of Article 5 (paragraphs 1 and 2) of the Enforcement Regulation of the Tokyo Hotel Business Act (the Guest seeking accommodation is deemed likely to seriously inconvenience other guests due to being drunk or has engaged in speech or behavior that seriously inconveniences other guests) apply;
- 2. The Hotel will refuse to conclude an Accommodation Contract in the event that any of the following apply to the Guest seeking accommodation:
- (1) The person is determined to be a member of an organized crime group or affiliated with a corporation or other group that is controlled by an organized crime group or member of such as set forth in Act for the Prevention of Wrongful Acts by Members of Organized Crime Groups;
- (2) The person is determined to be affiliated with an antisocial group or the like;
- (3) The person is deemed to have engaged in violence, actions causing bodily injury, threats, blackmail, coercive and unreasonable demands or other such actions.
Article 6 - Right of Guests to Cancel Accommodation Contract
- 1. The Guest may cancel the Accommodation Contract by notifying the Hotel.
- 2. n cases where the Guest has canceled the Accommodation Contract in whole or in part due to causes for which the guest is responsible (except in cases where the Hotel has requested payment of a deposit on a specified date as stipulated in Paragraph 2 of Article 3 and the Guest has canceled before the payment), the Guest shall pay cancellation charges as listed in the attached Table No. 1. However, in cases where a special contract as provided in Paragraph 1 ofArticle 4 has been established, the same shall apply only when the Guest has been informed of the cancellation charges applying to cancellation by the Guest.
- 3. In cases where, without advance notice, the Guest does not arrive by 8:00 p.m. on the accommodation date (or by two hours after the expected time of arrival, if the Hotel has been notified), the Hotel may regard the accommodation contract as having been canceled by the Guest.
Article 7 - Right of the Hotel to Cancel Accommodation Contract
- 1. The Hotel may cancel the Accommodation Contract in any of the following cases even if it has been established in accordance withParagraph 1 ofArticle 3:
- (1) Any of the cases from (3) to (8) under Article 5 are deemed to apply;
- (2) The Guest engages in actions that violate the Rules of Use as stipulated in Article 10 or the Hotel determines there is a risk that he or she may engage in such actions;
- (3) here is a valid reason for cancellation other than the above.
- 2. In cases where the Hotel determines that the situation described in (2) under Article 5 applies, the Hotel may cancel the Accommodation Contract even if it has been established in accordance with Paragraph 1 ofArticle 3.
- 3. In the event that the Hotel cancels the Accommodation Contract in accordance with the provisions of the preceding paragraphs, the Hotel shall not be entitled to make a claim for services that the Guest has not received.
Article 8 - Registration
- 1. The guest shall register the following details at the front desk of the Hotel on the day of accommodation:
- (1) Name, age, sex, address and occupation of the Guest(s)
- (2) Nationality, passport number
- (3) Date and expected time of departure
- (4) Other particulars deemed necessary by the Hotel
- 2. In cases where the Guest intends to pay his or her Accommodation charges as stipulated in Article 12 by any instrument other than cash, such as travelers check, lodging coupon or credit card, the instrument shall be presented in advance at the time of registration stipulated in the preceding Paragraph
Article 9 - Occupancy Hours for Guest Rooms
- 1. The Guest may use the contracted guest room of the Hotel from 3:00 p.m. to 12:00 p.m. the following morning. However, in the case of continuous stay, the Guest may use the room throughout the day, except for the days of arrival and departure.
- 2. The Hotel may, notwithstanding the provisions stipulated in the preceding paragraph, permit the Guest to use the room past the checkout time. In such cases, an extra charge shall apply. The charge will vary depending on room type and length of extension. Inquire with the front desk for details.
Article 10 - Observance of Rules of Use
While on the premises of the Hotel, the Guest shall observe the Rules Use established by the Hotel and posted on the premises.
Article 1 1 - Business Hours
The specific business hours for the Hotel’ s main facilities are provided in the furnished pamphlets and posted in various locations. These hours may be changed when necessary. In such cases, notification will be provided via appropriate means.
Article 12 - Payment of Charges
- 1. At itemized list of the Accommodation Charges and other charges to be paid by the Guest is set forth in the attached Table No.1.
- 2. Payment of the charges stipulated within the preceding paragraph shall be made at the front desk at the time of the Guest's departure or when the Hotel requestsvia cash or an alternative method approved by the Hotel such as travelers’ check, lodging coupon or credit card. Personal checks are notaccepted.
- 3. Accommodation Charges shall be payable once the Hotel makes the guest room available to the Guest, even if the Guest chooses not to use it.
Article 13 - Hotel Liability
- 1. The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for damages incurred as a result of the Hotel’s execution or non-execution of the Accommodation Contract or related agreements. However, this shall not apply in cases where the damages are not attributable to the Hotel.
- 2. The Hotel is enrolled in hotel liability insurance as precautionary measure for fire or other disaster.
Article 14 - Handling of Situations Where Hotel Is Unable to Provide Contracted Guest Room
- 1. In the event that the Hotel is unable to provide the contracted guest room, the Hotel may, with the Guest’s consent, find accommodations for the Guest at another lodging facility matching the conditions as closely as possible.
- 2. In the event that the Hotel is unable to find accommodations for the Guest at another lodging facility as stipulated within the preceding paragraph, the Hotel shall pay compensation to the Guest equivalent to cancellation charges, and that compensation shall be applied to damages. However, in cases where the Hotel was not at fault for being unable to provide accommodations, no compensation shall be paid..
Article 15 - Handling of Deposited Items
- 1. The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for loss/breakage of or other damage to goods, cash or other valuables deposited at the front desk, except in cases of force majeure. However, in the event that the Hotel has requested that the Guest specify the type and monetary value of any such loss and the Guest has failed to comply with this request, the maximum compensation shall be 150,000 yen.
- 2. The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for damages when loss, breakage, or other damage results, either through intentional actions or negligence on the part of the Hotel, to any goods, cash or valuables brought onto the premises of the hotel by the Guest but not deposited at the front desk. However, compensation from the Hotel to the Guest for articles for which the type and monetary value thereof has not been reported in advance by the Guest shall not exceed 150,000 yen, except in cases where the damages are the result of intentional actions or gross negligence on the part of the Hotel.
Article 16 - Custody of Baggage and/or Personal Effects of the Guest
- 1. In caseswhere the Guest’s baggage arrives at the Hotel before the Guest, the Hotel shall be responsible for holding it only if the Hotel has agreed in advance. The baggage shall be handed over to the Guest at the front desk upon check-in.
- 2. In the event that any baggage or personal effect is discovered to have been left behind after the Guest checks out and the owner is confirmed, the Hotel shall inform the owner of the article left behind and request further instructions. However, if no instructions are received or the owner cannot be determined, the article shall be kept for a period of seven (7) days from the time itwas discovered. After that it shall be delivered to the nearest police station.
- 3. The Hotel’ s liability with respect to the storage of the Guest’ s baggage or personal effects as in the case of the preceding two Paragraphs shall be handled in accordance with the provisions of Paragraph 1 of the precedingArticle in the case of Paragraph 1, and with the provisions of Paragraph 2 of the same Article in the case of Paragraph 2.
Article 17 - Liability for Parking Lot
In cases where the Guest uses the Hotels’ parking lot, it is understood that the Hotel is merely providing the space for parking and accepts no responsibility for managing the vehicle, regardless of whether or not the key has been deposited. However, in managing the parking lot, the Hotel shall compensate the Guest for any intentional damages or damages arising through negligence on the part of the Hotel.
Article 18 - Guest Liability
The Guest shall compensate the Hotel for any damage to the Hotel incurred through either intentional actions or negligence on the part of the Guest.
Atached Table No.1
Calculation method for Accommodation （Ref. Paragraph 1 of Article 2, Paragraph 2 of Article 3 and Paragraph 1 of Article 12）
Atached Table No.2
Calculation Charge for Hotels （Ref. Paragraph 2 of Article 6）
- 1. The percetage indicates the rate of cancellation charge to the Basic Accommodation Charges.This may not apply to all rate plans; please check with the Hotel.
- 2. When the number of days cotracted is shortened, the cancellation charge for the first day shall be paid by the Guest regardless of the number of days shortened.
- 3. When part of a group booking （for 15 persons or more） is cancelled, the cancellation charge shall not be charged shall not be charged for the number of persons equivalent to 10% of the number of persons booked as of 10 days prior to the occupancy （When accepted less than 10 days prior to scheduled occupancy, as of the date） with a fractions counted as a whole number.