Aug 2, 2019 Notice
Hotel Metropolitan offers special menus for guests who have food allergies so that they too can enjoy dining at the hotel with peace of mind.
We will ask about any allergies when receiving advance reservations and when you order on the day*.
* There may be times when we cannot provide special menus for guests who have food allergies on the day due to ingredient-related circumstances.
Additionally, please note that when we can provide special menus, it may take longer to prepare these menus.
We kindly ask that you contact us at least one day in advance whenever possible.
Buffet restaurants use pictograms to indicate use of 15 allergenic ingredients (eggs, milk, wheat, shrimp, crab, buckwheat, peanuts, soybeans, beef, pork, chicken, lamb, fish, shellfish, and alcohol).
Please check with restaurant staff regarding other allergens.
We will inquire about any allergies during prior discussions.
* We kindly request that you contact us at least one week prior to general banquet room usage and at least one month prior to banquet room usage for wedding ceremonies.
- The special menus for guests who have food allergies specifically account for the seven ingredients subject to mandatory allergen labelling in Japan (eggs, milk, wheat, buckwheat, peanuts, shrimp, and crab). (Please consult with us if you require other allergens to be accounted for.)
- Items on special menus for guests who have food allergies are prepared in the same kitchens where dishes that include allergens are prepared, with the same implements and cleaning equipment used for both.
Additionally, the same tongs and other implements are used to handle multiple dishes that include allergens at the buffet restaurants.
- We make no guarantees that special menus for guests who have food allergies are completely free of allergens.
Additionally, we make no guarantees for the complete removal of the allergens depicted in buffet restaurant pictograms or other allergens.
As such, we cannot recommend that guests with particularly severe allergies dine with us.
If you suffer from particularly severe food allergies, you may bring your own food that is safe for you to eat to the restaurant.
In this case, please inform the staff at check-in or when you arrive at the restaurant.